Monday, July 25, 2011

Dangling Heart Earrings



This is a pair of earrings I made as one of my first attempts at jewelry making. The materials used eye pins, clear plastic beads, pink heart-sharped beads, and earring hooks, and a pair of small jump rings. The tools used was a pair of round nosed pilers. (Also, the heart beads came with larger jump rings that I left attached).

I started by beading three clear plastic beads each onto two eye pins. Then, using the pilers, I rolled the bottom of both pins into closed loops, much like the pre-made loops at the top. Using the pilers to open and close the jump rings, I attached the larger jump rings--which were still through the hearts--to the bottom of the eye pins in the loops I had made, one heart per pin. Finally, I attached a jump ring to one of the earring hooks and then connected it, using the jump ring, to the top, pre-made loop of the eye pin. I repeated this for the other earring. And volia!

(Picture was made darker in GIMP for better viewing.)

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! You just reminded me that there are a couple jewelry projects I wanted to tackle.

    ReplyDelete