Monday, January 4, 2010

Decoupage Masquerade Mask





These Masquerade masks were developed much the same way as the one Patricia made; however, instead of a painted surface, I used scrapbooking paper to create patterns over the features of the mask. Then, I used lace (on the full mask) to create Period accents and develop a bit of a Lolita feel. For the full instructions on how to do this visit my article Decoupage Project.

Another type of mask that's fun to make, is a paper mache mask using one of these cheap plastic masks as a re-usable base. I plan on working more on this project in the months to come. I'll be sure to post pictures of my finished paper mache mask(s). Here's an article on how to make paper mache Venetian masks. It's a fairly easy project. If anyone has any suggestions for the paper mache project, feel free to leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment