Monday, January 4, 2010

Masquerade Mask



Another one of my "older" crafts. This was done for the Vampire Halloween Masquerade party I held in 2008. I used a lot of materials for this: wooden dowel, cut to wanted length; black acrylic paint, red acrylic paint, red glitter, colored jewels, 3 red feathers, hot glue, fake eye lashes, spray glue, hot glue, red ribbon, black ribbon, red fabric rose, black fabric rose, full cover mask.

First I painted the mask all over black, with the exception of the eyeshadow areas and lips. I think I had to do a couple of coats to get the color of black I wanted. I then painted the eyes and lips...again doing a few coats until I achieved the right color. After drying, I sprayed the mask with the spray glue and sprinkled the amount of red glitter I wanted on it. Again, after drying, I glued the jewels on to give the appearance of crying blood, using hot glue. I glue the three feathers on the forehead with hot glue to give the apearance of a saloon girl's headband. I put red glitter on the clump of hotglue used to hold the feathers on to disguise it some. I sprayed some of the spray glue into a paper plate, dipped the adhesive eyelashes in it, and applied them in the appropriate spot. I then evened out the red and black ribbon, reserving some of the red, on either side and hotglued them on to resemble the pigtailed hairstyle. I hotglued the red rose on top of one set, and the black on the other. I then painted the dowel black, hotglued the red ribbon on it in a spiral, and then hot glued it onto it.

1 comment:

  1. And it turned out nicely :D I thought your fake eyelashes were an especially nice addition.

    ReplyDelete